Provide a safe, caring environment for children, preteens, teens, young adults and adults grieving the loss of a significant relationship through death.
- Agree to one-year commitment.
- Honor statement of confidentiality.
- Honor facilitator guidelines.
- Cooperate with staff, monitor, and fellow facilitators in implementing the format for a particular group.
- Full participation in pre-and post-sessions (11:00 a.m. arrival and 2:00 p.m. departure.)
- Assist in clean up of room after group.
- Provide feedback on appropriate activities for next session.
- Contact children/families by mail in the off-weeks.
- Provide advance notice to the volunteer coordinator when unable to attend.
- Be 18 years old and care about children.
- Be able to sit on a cushion on the floor.
- Work as a team member.
- Agree to criminal background check prior to assuming duties.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- The WARM Place Staff
Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Initial training of approximately 22 hours is required with ongoing education in pre- and post-sessions.