As a community partner, we believe it is of the utmost importance to take precautionary measures at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we decided to postpone the Race 2 Remember Them, originally scheduled for March 28, 2020.
The R2RT will now be held virtually from August 1 -15, 2020. We invite you to join us as we race to remember our loved ones!
We appreciate your support!
When and Where
Completion time frame: August 1 -15
When participating in a virtual race, you can run or walk at your own pace anywhere you would like – your neighborhood, a park, or even your treadmill!
1 Mile Entry Fee
$20 until March 1
$25 March 2-July 31, Closes at 5pm on July 31
5K Entry Fee
$25 until March 1
$30 March 2-July 31, Closes at 5pm on July 31
10K Entry Fee
$35 until March 1
$40 March 2-July 31, Closes at 5pm on July 31
Packet Pickup will be held on the front porch of The WARM Place at 809 Lipscomb St. Fort Worth, TX 76104.
Tuesday, July 28 - 12:00-5:00pm
Wednesday, July 29 - 12:00-5:00pm
Thursday, July 30 - 8am-12pm
Friday, July 31 - 8am-12pm
You will receive your lanyard, memory holder, t-shirt, and any race swag you purchased. Race Route Signs will also be available to take home as well. If you are picking up for a large group, please give us a call ahead of time at 817-870-2272, so we can have your packets ready to go! We do our best to make the process as easy as possible. You may pick up someone else's packet; you will just need to provide the participant's name.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I participate in a virtual race?
The completion time frame for the virtual R2RT is August 1-15. During this time, you are able to complete the race at your own convenience. You can run or walk at your own pace anywhere you would like – your neighborhood, a park, or even your treadmill! There are two ways to submit your time: through Race Roster using your smart watch or through the ASICS Runkeeper app. See questions below for more details on these submission methods.
To make it even more fun and connect with The WARM Place community, you can snap a picture and share it on social media with us! Use hashtags #VirtualR2RT2020 and #TheWARMPlace.
Q. How do I submit my time virtually to Race Roster using my smart watch?
- Go to the R2RT results page.
- From the results page, click the Submit a virtual result button.
- In order to submit a virtual result, you will have to confirm your registration. To confirm your registration, enter in your last name and confirmation number, or by simply signing into your Race Roster account.
- Once your registration is confirmed, you will be prompted to enter your results and the results of anyone else that was included in your initial registration. Don’t forget to take a screenshot of your time! (For virtual races, only GPS-tracked activities will count. Please track your race using your phone, Apple Watch, Garmin Watch, or Fitbit. Treadmill and manual activities are not valid for virtual races.) You are able to come back at a later time to post additional results.
- After your results are submitted, you will be able to view your results details and finisher certificate. Click on your name for your result details and finisher certificate.
Q. How do I submit my time virtually to Race Roster using the ASICS Runkeeper App?
- First, download the ASICS Runkeeper App. It's free!
- When you’re ready to run your virtual race, on your mobile device go to your participant dashboard and click the start virtual run You can also click your registration link from your mobile device in the initial email you received after registering for the race.
- After clicking the start virtual run button on your dashboard, you will be directed to the ASICS Runkeeper app. From there you will want to click the checkered flag to open your races.
- Select the race you’re wanting to run.
- After you selected your desired race, you will be asked if you are ready to start your activity. When you’re ready to run click start your race.
- Once you have finished running click stop and save. Your results will be automatically posted to Race Roster.
- You can view the R2RT results page here.
Q. Will there be any awards?
There will be no official awards ceremony for the virtual R2RT. Unfortunately, we are not able to accurately verify times, so we will not be giving out medals for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place or the Overall Male and Female award. To help commemorate your completion of the R2RT, you will receive a digital completion certificate if you choose to submit your time.
Q: What are WARM Place Warriors and how do I become one?
WARM Place Warriors are individuals and teams who have raised over $250 for The WARM Place through their R2RT fundraising pages! These individuals and team captains are recognized and given a small token of our appreciation. At the time of registration you will be assigned your very own fundraising page. You can use this page to raise funds, or you can also create a team and use its fundraising page as well!
Q: What are Memory Holders, and do I get a lanyard with my registration?
Every registrant will be offered a Memory Holder attached to a lanyard (while supplies last). The Memory Holder can be used to display a 4x6 picture of your loved one if you wish and is a great souvenir from the event as well!
Q: What happens to the proceeds from the R2RT?
Proceeds from the Race 2 Remember Them benefit The WARM Place.
The WARM Place mission is to provide year-round grief support services to children ages 3 ½ to 18 and their families, as well as young adults ages 19-25, who have experienced the death of a loved one.
Families are never charged a fee for services, there are no geographical limitations, and no time limits - families are welcome to participate as long as the children are receiving benefit from the program.
Q: Do you provide refunds?
Due to the fundraising nature of this event, there are no refunds and all registrations are final.