Provide a safe, caring environment for children, preteens, teens, young adults and adults grieving the loss of a significant relationship through death.
- Agree to one-year commitment.
- Honor statement of confidentiality.
- Honor facilitator guidelines.
- Cooperate with staff, monitor, and fellow facilitators in implementing the format for a particular group.
- Full participation in pre-and post-sessions (5:30 arrival and 9:30 departure).
- Provide a dish for the potluck dinner.
- Assist in clean up of room after group.
- Provide feedback on appropriate activities for next session.
- Provide advance notice to the volunteer coordinator when unable to attend.
- Be 18 years old and care about children.
- Be able to sit on a cushion on the floor.
- Work as a team member.
- Agree to criminal background check prior to assuming duties.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- The WARM Place Staff
The following are the time commitments for the various groups:
- Pre-K: 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM on Wednesdays for ten weeks in the fall and spring.
- Evening group for school-age children: 5:30 – 9:30 PM every other week on a designated night (Monday-Thursday).
- Young Adult group: 7:00 – 8:30 PM on Tuesday for eight weeks in the fall and winter and summer.
Initial training of approximately 22 hours is required with ongoing education in pre- and post-sessions.