This year marks the 4th annual Race 2 Remember Them! What started as a walk in 2012 has now grown into a 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run, bringing in people from all over Texas and beyond! We hope you will join us for Fort Worth’s community-wide memorial race event as we remember and honor our loved ones. We will have a special moment of reflection at 7:15am at our Remembrance Ceremony, a special tradition that started last year. In addition to the race events and Remembrance Ceremony, we will have some finish line fun including refreshments, music, and activities for the entire family! Check out the pictures from the event last year! The R2RT will be held on March 28th at Acme Brick Co.
All proceeds directly support The WARM Place mission of providing grief support services to children at no cost to their families. Since 1989, The WARM Place has served over 40,000 children and their families. Your support of the R2RT ensures no WARM Place child will ever have to grieve alone.
Can we count on you to help us reach our fundraising goal of $75,000?
Here are a few ways you can support the R2RT!
- Sign up to race! Choose from the 10K, 5K, or 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk. Note: All options are walkable…you do not have to be a runner to join in on the fun!
- Create a team when you register. When you create a team, you invite others to join you in this effort! Teams are a great way to remember a loved one as a community and to raise money for The WARM Place. Each team includes a team page that can be shared on your own social media or through email. You can then encourage others to donate in memory of your loved one via your team page! *Teams and individuals that raise over $250 will be recognized as WARM Place Warriors on race day and will receive a special token of our appreciation!
- Share your personal fundraising page when you register. Even if you are racing solo, you can still create and share your own fundraising page after you register! Share with your friends why you are racing and how they can support the mission of The WARM Place through this event.
- Become a R2RT sponsor! Are you an individual or business that might be interested in sponsoring the race? If yes, we have some awesome sponsor benefits that you should check out! Sponsorships start at $500. Questions? Email [email protected]. Thank you to our 2020 sponsors for making this event possible!
- Purchase a Race Route Sign. Remember or honor a loved one with a personalized sign that will be placed along our Mile of Memories at the R2RT. Signs can be purchased for $125. You can place your order online here. (Orders must be placed by March 18th.)
- Make a donation. You can donate to an individual or team’s fundraising page (mentioned above) or make a general donation by clicking here.
- We need several volunteers to make this race run efficiently and create a fun environment for all our participants! There are several volunteer jobs including working finish line fun stations, handing out water to participants, and much more. Interested in lending a hand on race day? Email [email protected].
Questions? Check out the Event Information page!
The WARM Place
809 Lipscomb St.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Thursday, March 26 8:00am – 6:00pm
Friday, March 27 8:00am – 6:00pm
March 28, Schedule of Events:
6:30am – Registration/packet pick up opens
7:15am – Remembrance ceremony
8:00am – 1 Mile
8:30am – 10K
8:35am – 5K
9:30am – Awards Ceremony